What is A Company Commander?
A good company commander is an excellent leader who takes initiative and gets things done. The Company Commander:
- Is responsible for all the company does or fails to do.
- Keeps the battalion commander apprised of the status of the company at all times.
- Ensures the company is prepared to accomplish its assigned mission in a satisfactory manner.
- Is an expert in drill.
- Commands the company at all formations.
- They ensure that the cadets in their company know and use the Chain of Command.
- Consult the training schedule and study the drill references.
- Execute the orders of the battalion commander as if they were your orders, even though you may personally disagree with them.
- Make each cadet an effective member of the team
CDT/ 2LT Ashley Rodriguez
What is A First Sergeant?
The First Sergeant:
- Reports to and receives orders from the Company commander, and keeps them informed of the well being, discipline and morale of his or her company.
- Is in charge of company formations.
- Assumes command of the company in the absence of all officers.
- Submits absentee reports to the battalion sergeant major.
- Checks all merits and demerits with the company commander before submitting them to the S-1.
- Keeps the company commander informed on all matters pertaining to health and welfare of the unit.